Trends That Will Stay Relevant in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has changed immensely in the past decade, and even more so within the last few years. There have been new tactics introduced, changes to Google’s search algorithm, and countless other changes. Consumer habits have changed, too – they’re pickier in terms of what they spend their time reading or viewing. Despite the ever-changing digital world, there are a few trends that will continue to stay relevant when it comes to the online world:
- Podcasting continues to grow
- There are a number of podcasting types for businesses to explore. Companies that are looking to reach new customers or educate current customers may find a podcast useful. Question and answer podcasts could be a favorite regardless of the ultimate goal of the podcast – being able to answer specific questions from listeners is important. This can earn new customers and provide a sense of comfort to current customers that know they’re in good hands. Keep in mind that your podcasts should have at least an outline to provide some type of structure.
- Intuitive web design
- Web design has changed Web design has changed immensely over the years with a majority of companies wanting a website designed with SEO in mind. Lacking either web design trends or user experience can limit a business and cripple revenue for online sales or lead generation. Easy to navigate websites will also continue to be important as Google incorporates user experience when ranking sites which also includes page loading time.
- Data continues to be king
- The days of creating a strategy and then seeing what sticks in marketing are all but over. Data drives marketing in today’s age. Keeping an eye on trends, social media engagement, and more can help provide insight into what messaging is resonating with your audience. Being able to track subject lines and clicks in an email can allow for the ultimate email campaign to be launched. Look for data to become even more present in decision making for years to come.
Digital marketing is constantly changing, but tactics and messaging that will stand the test of time can help maximize ROI for your business.